So June 9 was the last day of school functions. It is also the last day I posted. How can it be that nearly a month has gone by? Partly I was avoiding posting because it would involve self-reflection on how I am doing without a regular schedule.
Don't get me wrong, mood-wise I feel fine. Don't feel Sad or the other extreme: Rage.
Energywise I have been burning all candles at both ends and in the middle and I don't think that I can stop because there is so much that I have to do. And it takes too much energy to enlist anyone else's help. Much easier to just do it all.
I have been serially involved in projects that encompass All Of My Time and All Of My Energy.
Here are a few of the things that sucked up my time and energy. And I feel I need separate posts for a few.
1. Looking through all 9,000 photographs that I have now backed up to the cloud on my phone. And posting key ones to FB.
2. Then there was the garden. I've decided to do a separate post on this.
3. Redoing where everything goes in the kitchen.
(Some time in June I think our dishwasher and our vacuum cleaner died. Not sure what that has to do with anything. I did vacuum the basement steps and part of the ceiling and all of the filters on the air conditioners)
4. I presented for NAMI to 2 different groups. Separate post on this. One was a Crisis Intervention Training (CIT) for the Minneapolis Police Department. One of them was for a group of health and human service workers with an international focus.
6. I have binge-watched all seasons of Bitten. And I am now almost done with Strange Empire.
7. College courses. I am taking 2 classes. One of them is very well organized and I am really enjoying the content. The other one is organized poorly with randomly spaced due dates and I am so stressed about forgetting when something comes due.
So I spent a weekend (or maybe one day) obsessively doing ALL OF THE ASSIGNMENTS except for the final project that is due on July 20.
See, I can remember that. I don't deal well with random schedules. Bipolar/ADD or just my personality. I have trouble remembering what the date or day is in the summer anyway. And calendars are just not a thing.
8. Avoided cleaning the house. Obsessively. Finding a jillion other projects to do.
9. Spent the entire budget for summer projects in less than one week. Indications of hypomania. Also I am reading a lot of kinda-trashy romance novels.
10. Avoided posting. Because.
11. Was not AS good as usual at taking my meds everyday. I don't think. I think I forgot for some days. But never more than one day in a row. I don't think. I'm back on track.
As a funny aside, I received a bill in the mail for psychiatric services the same day that I received a paycheck from NAMI for my speaking about mental illness.
Also, elderboy is in China right now. And we are hosting a student from China in August. Which is why the house has to be not a disaster. I doubt our student will care if the backyard landscaping doesn't look great.
Grateful Crap: air conditioning (which I realize makes me The Enemy of Climate, but... I am grateful)
took my meds
spending relaxing time with family (scheduled)
Quaker, teacher, parent,